During this pandemic, many people are out of work, working in very difficult circumstances/atmospheres, or working at home while teaching their children at the same time. I’m one of those lucky ones who still gets to do her job at home. 40 hours a week. The struggle isn’t that overwhelming. It’s difficult, uncomfortable at times, and frustrating, but it could be so much worse.
There ARE perks, however:
- Choosing from my vast collections of teas to fit the mood I’m in that day.
- Selecting a teacup, mug, or teapot for the desired tea.
- Having a window right beside my desk!
- Being able to OPEN said window to let in fresh air.
- Controling my own room temperature
- Cutting my own fresh flowers for my desk
- Muting myself & turning video off during remote meetings so I can scream or say “Are you kidding me?” outloud.
- No 60-mile round-trip commute dealing with school buses
- Saving on gas money.
- Can wear sweatpants all day (or PJs, which I haven’t done yet)
- No need for hair and makeup, unless a video meeting is required
Yeah, I could be a LOT worse. Many of my co-workers cannot do their jobs at home. And although the company is doing their best, and following all the state guidelines, the risk to everyone there is much higher than it is to me here at home. I am so thankful that we’re in an industry that is actually thriving supplying seeds to farmers who in turn provide food to many. THANK YOU!
Keep Calm and Carry on!